Law and Grace
We are under both the LAW and the GRACE.
It takes lot of wisdom and experience to understand the below:
Why one cannot stop sinning, physically and mentally? because everyone is a slave to the sin, It is like a disease, seems no cure. (Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. John 8:34). God through Jesus only can set you free from sinning, yes it is possible, you can experience it. (It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1)
Many think that we are born sinners. That is not true. We are sinners by doing the sin. Many think that we are not under the LAW, but if no law, no sin, no punishment and grace is not required at all. We are under the grace now that cannot remove/destroy the law and its punishments. God's grace sets us free from the our past sins because of repentance. But the disease, tendency to sin, still there and cannot be cured automatically. God's grace will set us free from the past sins upon the real repentance. But this is not a license to sin. Repentance toward God and faith toward son of God will only make us free from doing sin.
- The God's Law decides that you are a sinner or not.
- God's grace decides that whether you will be forgiven or not.
- Transgressing the God's law is Sin.(Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness. 1 john 3:4)
- Anyone who is sinning today is not being punished by God immediately.
- That's becuase, everyone is under the grace of God today.
- God's grace through His son has postponed the punishment for the Judgement day.(For he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to everyone by raising him from the dead. Acts 17:31)
- Repentance toward God and faith toward son of God is made possible to escape the punishment.
- Anybody who repents of his/her sin before that judgment day not only escape the punishment but will receive a gift.
- The God's gift of grace is the eternal life.